The purpose of the YMCA Leaders Conference is to strengthen local Ys. We build our leadership networks (board and staff across generations) and serve as a forum to build momentum around our mission focus.
For all of us, YMCA Leaders is a prime gathering point, a momentum builder, a time of collective mission reaffirmation, and a challenge to advance our thinking at every leadership level.
Michigan Ys stand together in our commitment to lead Ys across the country in making our cause-driven purpose a beacon for the future. On the precipice of change and growth, we are preparing to seize the opportunities that lay before us to improve lives and strengthen communities across Michigan.
YMCA Leaders Focus is on our mission
Our three cause-driven areas of focus will guide our conference proceedings.
- Youth Development, Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Healthy Living, Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
- Social Responsiblity, Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Y Leaders is a unique opportunity for Y staff and volunteers to share opportunities, resources and passion for our mission.
We’ll address the challenges of revitalizing our brand, coming together to share resources and ideas. Yet the benefits of attending go far beyond that. Participants will:
- Deepen connections to colleagues and our shared direction
- Be enlightened on relevant trends by social change and YMCA thought leaders
- Be contributors to a community of practice
- Be refreshed by the conference’s energized mission focus and feel
- Participate in high quality, interactive workshops to translate the revitalized brand into action and messages that accurately convey our strength and collective voice
- Gather tools and support for back-home application